PRIVATE SKYPE GUITAR AND MANDOLIN LESSONS WITH ROBIN BULLOCK!
When you’re learning an instrument, developing your playing skills or deepening your musical knowledge, there’s no substitute for one-on-one study with a master musician for real-time help and guidance. Do-it-yourself apps and YouTube/online videos can be wonderful learning resources, and there’s undoubtedly a lot of great free material out there, but tutorial videos don’t actually watch and listen to YOU play and guide you personally on how you can best improve. Only a real, live instructor can do that, and now, thanks to the development of online video conferencing, a student can have this experience without even leaving home.
Indie Award winner Robin Bullock has taught hundreds of students both privately and in group settings in a teaching career spanning over three decades, and is now available via either SKYPE or ZOOM in the comfort of your own home. Robin offers online guitar and mandolin lessons for beginning, intermediate and advanced students, custom fitted to each student’s interests and goals.
All you need is:
• An acoustic guitar or mandolin
• A webcam
• An internet connection
A winner of Editor’s Pick and Player’s Choice Awards from Acoustic Guitar Magazine, multiple WAMMIE Awards from the Washington Area Music Association, the Association for Independent Music’s INDIE Award (with the trio Helicon) and a ranking among DigitalDreamDoor.com’s “100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists,” Robin Bullock is also an experienced and respected instructor. He leads the annual Robinwood Guitar Retreat in Sharpsburg, Maryland, and is a familiar staff presence at several of the U.S.’s leading acoustic music camps, including the Swannanoa Gathering at Warren Wilson College in Asheville, North Carolina, Steve Kaufman’s Acoustic Kamps at Maryville College in Maryville, Tennessee, Common Ground On The Hill at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland and the March Mandolin Festival at Concord Community Music School in Concord, New Hampshire. He has been a faculty member at all these camps numerous times – twenty-four consecutive years in the case of the Swannanoa Gathering, where he was honored in 2016 with a Master Music Maker Award for lifetime achievement in musicianship and teaching. (Of the thousand-plus faculty members in the Gathering’s 28-year history, only 23 have received this award to date.)
He also taught privately for many years at Baltimore Bluegrass in Baltimore, MD and House of Musical Traditions in Takoma Park, MD, and has presented one-time workshops at countless festivals and concert series, including the Winnipeg Folk Festival (Winnipeg, MB, Canada), the Goderich Celtic Festival (Goderich, ON, Canada), the Old Songs Festival (Voorheesville, NY), Strathmore Hall (Rockville, MD), Institute of Musical Traditions (Takoma Park, MD), the Summer Solstice Festival (Calabasas, CA), Acoustic Productions (Macon, GA), Music Masters (Vienna, VA), Perelandra (Asheville, NC), the Shepherdstown Music and Dance Festival (Shepherdstown, WV), Dream Guitars (Weaverville, NC) and the Artisan Guitar Show (Hershey, PA).
Robin teaches acoustic guitar (both fingerpicking and flatpicking), mandolin and cittern/bouzouki, and is conversant in folk, Celtic and bluegrass styles. His approach to teaching is comfortable and easygoing, yet focused and practical, creating an encouraging environment that enables you to reach your full potential as a musician. Robin is comfortable teaching his craft at any level, from total beginners to experienced pros.
Robin offers a FREE introductory half-hour lesson so you and he can get to know each other and decide on the direction you want the lessons to take. After that:
PRICES (US currency), payable via either credit/debit card or PayPal:
Half-hour lessons = $45 each
1-hour lessons = $60 each
We recommend a regular schedule of lessons, either every week or every other week, in order to maintain progress and build steadily on the skills and information being learned.
4 – ½ hour lessons = $160 paid in advance. (Price reduced to $40 per lesson)
4 – 1-hour lessons = $220 paid in advance. (Price reduced to $55 per lesson)
SIGN UP NOW
TERMS & CONDITIONS & STUFF LIKE THAT
Skype lessons are subject to availability. Robin’s touring schedule can change from one month to the next, so you’ll always be kept posted well in advance of any necessary changes to the schedule (and Robin is willing to be flexible around your schedule too).
After your one free, introductory lesson:
• Payment can be made either through PayPal or with a credit/debit card through a secure online link.
• Payment is due at the time of schedule confirmation.
• 24 hours’ notice is required for cancellation, except in the event of emergency. Cancellations will only be granted for illness or other unavoidable situations. (Not practicing, or feeling unprepared for the next lesson, doesn’t count as a valid reason for cancellation! But don’t worry…wherever you are every lesson is where we’ll pick it up, and you’ll always get something useful from it even if you’re feeling unsure of yourself.) Missed lessons without proper notice of cancellation will be charged.
• Students must make up canceled lessons before the next pay period. Failure to make up lessons within the pay period will result in the loss of the prepaid lessons.
• Lesson payments are only valid for the particular package period.
• Lesson renewal requests will be sent out when you are down to one paid lesson.
• Any written part of the lesson will be emailed to you in a PDF file and is yours to keep. All written material will be gone over on camera during the lessons.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE INTRODUCTORY LESSON by emailing Robin directly at: email@example.com
Please include answers to the following questions in your email:
1. Your location (including time zone) and preferred days and times for lessons
2. What would you like to work on in Skype lessons with Robin? (For example: music styles you like, songs/tunes you want to learn, technique, theory, ear training, etc.)
3. Do you consider yourself a beginning, intermediate or advanced player?
4. Have you already downloaded and used Skype? (If not, indicate in email if you need help with the download/testing process.)
5. Anything else you’d like Robin to know, to make sure you get the most out of Skype lessons
“Robin is a fantastic teacher! He was well-organized, knew exactly what he wanted to cover, stayed on track, and presented everything in an easy-to-understand manner.” – student at Swannanoa Gathering Celtic Week
“This was fantastic! I had high expectations and still they were exceeded. Robin did an amazing job blending joy of music with ear training and music theory. Pacing and mix of playing and study was perfect.” – student at Swannanoa Gathering Guitar Week
“Robin’s instruction style was spot on again…a great cadence and rapport with the group. The weekend was time well spent. Top notch across the board!” – student at Robinwood Guitar Retreat